The lifestyle and role of a clinical hypnotherapist
What's it like to be a hypnotherapist? What do clinical hypnotherapists do? How much does a hypnotherapist earn?
Benefits of setting up a hypnotherapy practice
Setting up any business requires motivation, persistence, effort, good judgement, and passion. If you have these, you can enjoy the following:
- Full-time or part-time work
- Work from home, health clinic, corporate sector, gyms, GP surgery, client's homes...
- Growing market for hypnotherapy as more people realise it's benefits
- Can be set up around work and family commitments
- Low start-up costs compared to many small businesses.
- Low ongoing costs
- Brings excitement, flexibility, freedom, and self-determination
- Simple business to run
- No stock, staff, landlords, office politics, manager to answer to
- Economy-proof: "In the good times people have more money; in the bad times, they face more problems."
- Transportable business - you only need your ears, mind and voice!
Lifestyle & work
Hypnotherapists enjoy one of the best jobs in the world:
- Healthy work-life balance
- Varied work
- Helping people
- Work from home or other relaxed environment
- Time for family, social life & leisure
- Excellent earning potential
- Decide what issues to work with e.g. weight, anxiety, stress, smoking, phobia...
- Advertise services
- Take calls from public
- Initial session with client
- Listening, questioning, understanding, empathising, building trust and rapport
- Dispel any myths
- Set goals for therapy
- Next session - induce trance - almost everyone achieves this focused state
- Client feels relaxed and focused like engaging with a film, book, driving, daydreaming
- Once in this safe, receptive state, suggestions are given for change
- Client stays in control and takes on board only suggestions they want
- Suggestions take effect immediately or within a few days
- Next session therapist discusses any changes with client and remaining goals
- 2-6 sessions is typical. Changes usually last
Sometimes these are already present and sometimes they are developed through training and feedback. Few people will have the perfect mix of all qualities but these are some of the qualities we aspire to!
- Good communicator
- Open to feedback
- Likes people